Most of us worry unnecessarily about too many things.
It’s almost as though we search for problems to give ourselves stress. The amazing news is that much of what we worry about doesn’t matter at all! Take a look at these statistics about worry:
- 40% of all things that we worry about never come to pass.
- 30% of all our worries involve past decisions that cannot be changed.
- 12% focus on criticism from others who spoke because they felt inferior.
- 10% are related to our health, which gets worse when we worry.
- 8% of our worries could be described as “legitimate” causes for concern.
Isn’t that remarkable? Fewer than one “problem” in every ten that we worry about is a real concern. All the others are things that we can learn to see differently or eliminate.